I tried a couple sites to see what was considered the best and again some links were no longer good or kept up to date.
Book Sites - Biblio.com - trying to find old books, which I will add to my favorite - other site Bookfinder.com. Craig's List will done at home. I have heard of Craig's List for years and never bothered to take the time to check it out. For the things I might sell, I would not use this site and the things I might buy, I probably do not need. However, I may try one item to sell, it was recommended I use this site. So I may test it out from home.
Genealogy - my mom does that and I assist so I will not construct my own and the others did not look interesting.
Games and Entertainment Zango - closed users only, others not interested.
Food sites - I'm Cooked where I got to watch Paul McCartney make mashed potatoes. Campy and humorous. I could not tell if his lines were his own. Rest of site it appears to require log in to use unless watching a couple of videos is what you want. Ifoods.tv was the second site tried and was non-existent
Web Dev Award Winners were not what I was looking for. I was hoping for a site that walked you through creating your own website similar to blogger.com. Oh, well. I am sure if I finally get around to doing it, I will should be able to find something but I will have some 2.0 ideas to add to the design.
The Award Winners that I found seemed very superficial and in a library setting, there will be some site maybe not award winner, which will do what is needed. It would be interesting to see an up to date version of this Thing and see what are the Award Winners today. The problem with library usage would be to remember which one to use when the time comes, if this would be the way to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment