I tried to work with Zoho on a document to assist in Library Orientation, which could be used by subs and new staff. Currently, it is on a networked drive so that others can read and edit it but when I uploaded it to Zoho, I was unable to overcome some formatting/editing issues. I will try to do the same thing Google Docs and see if I can solve the problem. I have found a real test of any word processing tool is how it handles numbering bullets. If you move the bullets around, will the insertion result in a continuation of the previous number when you double space the document? I tried to look for online help in Google Docs when I ran into this problem and there were people with the answer to share. I tried the same techniques in ZOHO that worked with Google but allowed for the doublespacing but the numbering issues I as unable to solve. I continued editing and reformatting the document in Google Docs until I thought it was finished. I tried to email it to the staff for their review but received multiple conflicting messages about why it would not work including one person did not have a google account and that it could not read any of the other emails addresses. So I sent it to myself and will share it via the County's email.
I can see the potential advantages of accessing documents anywhere but if they were attachments to an email. That resolves the issues because most people can access their email accounts anywhere. I learned something but will I apply in the day to day? Probably not!
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment