Technorati.com has gone through some transformations also and the original links are out of date. Blog Posts for Learning 2.0 = 29, nothing was found in the directory and no search was allowed with tags but in the past month, that was not a popular tag. Technorati does allow one to search people's blogs for interest, but since not everyone is blogging and tagging the same the results are inconsistent. Sports, Entertainment and Political discussions seem to be the most popular but there are some blogs that discuss Library Services and especially linked with budget shortfalls - cuts to all day Kindergarten, Closing of Boston Los Angeles Library Branches were noted. The link to What's Popular was unavailable but Top 100 are geared towards above things. I have heard of The Huffington Post for multiple years but for some reason, in my ignorance, I never realized it was a blog and that is the number one entry. Scanning the list, I noticed some I will check out at home.
One blog I happened upon was http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-free-online-self-help-social-media-tools/. It is a self improvement blog that talks about the 43things.com community (to track and share goals) but the number one entry is about setting your goal to be read more books. I heartily agree but I would add use your library to obtain those books since you have more choices and can get help in finding and making them for free.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment