Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Thing 8 - RSS feeds

I have set up newsfeeds and a blog to follow in Google Reader because I did not want to clutter up my blog at this time. I switched Library Link of the Day's arrival via email to RSS feed.

I found that it can be tough to locate some RSS or other subscripton feeds on the page on some sites. You know they should be there somewhere but scanning all over the home page looking for an icon or some other designation is a trial. Receiving all of the different types of interested information can be overwhelming if you have a variety of interests. Another concern is how much personal stuff do you want on a blog that you look at for work versus what you might look at home comes into to play. Unless you look at them daily, you will be inundated with things to read. It does take awhile for the items you click on to load even with a cleared browser and there does not seem to be a way that I have found to limit how much receive. If you miss looking at a day or two, you run the risk of hundreds of things to look at when you return to your Reader.

I may edit what I am doing down the road once I learn more about the techniques of control (limiting arrival content) and Web 2.0.

No comments:

Post a Comment