Access to whole books via Google Books or manybooks.net has enabled me to do historical and other types of research in ways ten years ago would have been impossible. The access to downloadable .pdf books and in other formats make for easier reading vs. facsimile books obtained via ILL which have faded letters and words which remind of old dittos from elementary school or fragile books/materials which are almost to delicate to handle. I can learn about how to make shoes and boots and examine youtube.com videos and see visual presentations of the same activity.
The ability to post personal things on the internet has opened up a universe for exploration. Recently, I discovered a site on historic costume which is obviously a personal interest of the author since contains hundreds of contemporary images of clothing from the Regency and Victorian time period. http://hal.ucr.edu/~cathy/cathymap.html
I posted a comment to a blog and I am waiting for the author to approve it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You're all approved and ready to go! ^_^
ReplyDelete